Practice Your Spanish Listening Comprehension Skills by trying Regents Exams
Test your Spanish listening comprehension skills by taking the Listening Comprehension section of a previous New York State Regents Exam, typically given after three years of high school Spanish.
To take the Listening Comprehension Portion of the June 2009 New York State Regents Exam, you should do the following:
- Print a copy of the exam questions.
- Download the MP3 recording of the exam being read. Right mouse click on this link (and select Save As)
- Play the MP3 file which you just saved. The recording is about 38 minutes long. The recording includes the one minute time interval between each question, which
is how long you are given to choose an answer. A bell will sound when time is up for answering a question.
- Once you have completed the exam, print a copy of the answer sheet and see how you did. The answer sheet will contain a copy of the text that was read. You may find it useful to replay the exam and listen to the readings a second time once you have the text to refer to.
- If you want to further build your Spanish listening comprehension skills, consider No-Work Spanish’s special offer, or for those who can’t wait for the CD’s to arrive in the mail, there are instantly-available download options also.